Saturday 17 March 2012

Farewell my love )':



I woke up that morning aching from lack of sleep. Even so, i was not in the least reluctant to leave my hotel room as i knew, i had limited time left in the country. I felt my heart sank at the mere thought that it was my last day at Taiwan...
Strolling down the streets of the well-known Xi Men Ding, I could not resist to go window shopping. I shopped till i was nearly broke, but was still far from contentment. Xi Men Ding was the source of  Taiwan's fashion, subculture, and Japanese culture. I stayed a little longer at the famous Xi Men Ding Pedestrian Area which was the first pedestrian area built in Taipei and is the largest in Taiwan.


 



It was the last hour i had at Taiwan. I decided to spend it at Taipei 101.


I could hardly believe i was finally here, at Taipei 101. Yes, the building was tall, incredibly tall. I squinted my eyes as i look at the top of the building. Wow, i was not disappointed. That, was how one of the world's tallest building looked like, unbelievable. What i did not know before was, the building had actually 5 floors underground! I gained yet another knowledge, the 101 symbolizes a world center where earth and sky meet and the four compass directions join. The repeated segments of 101 recalls the rhythms of the Asian pagoda, a tower linking the earth and sky.
I was fed with enough information, it was time to leave. It was almost agonizing to have to leave Taiwan, which had become my favorite country. I swore to return again one day. Before leaving, I snapped a last photo of the striking Tower, 101.


-11th December


-




No comments:

Post a Comment