Friday 16 March 2012

Food Paradise



I could barely take my eyes off everything. I was so overwhelmed by the variety of food stalls that i kept up a string of gasps and squeals. Oh my, i could still remember clearly the food that i saw, and could almost still smell the aroma of them.
I turned the corner into the street. The loud chatter of the people there, the bright lights of the signboards and the stream of never ending road stalls were the first things that i behold. I was there, at the ShiLing night market.


 Everything that was sold that had great appeal to me, i had the urge to buy each and everyone of them. However these are the things that i could not help buying; an omelette that i would never forget, which made me crave for more. It has a primary filling of mini oysters. The omelette with oysters dipped with chili was a irresistible sight. The first bite of the omelette had made me understood the reason why many were willing to queue long hours for just a plate of omelette.

There was a question i heard from my friend and finally knew why she asked it; "What's the use of going to Taiwan when you did not try the bubble tea?" The bubble tea at Taiwan, it was simply marvelous. I felt that i could drink a dozen cups of it, and could chew at the pearls forever. I give the bubble tea there a total thumbs up! I gain a knowledge from the owner of one of the bubble tea shop owners too. She was very friendly and i had a wonderful time speaking to her. I learnt that milk tea or bubble tea originated from Taiwan, and the pearls are made of tapioca!




Gosh, even now, when i thought of the delicious chicken i ate that night,  i would feel the need to eat it. Sadly, the chicken is currently out of reach! Anyway, the chickens there were not fried whole but was divided to four constituent sections instead. They were the breast and the wing of the chicken, which were the front, and the other two sections were from the back. The chicken that i bought was definitely not enough for me, hence, i bought one more, licking each and every of my ten fingers after i am done. Throughout the whole of the hour i was at the fried chicken stall, i kept up a light conversation with the vendor there. Once again, i learnt something new! I was told the three main techniques for frying chickens: shallow frying, deep frying and broasting, according to the customers' preference. Shallow frying is where the chicken is fried in a sturdy pan in a source of fat that does not fully immerse in the chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment